Monday, March 8, 2010

Bear on Patrol - Introduction

I Love Skiing!

Bears and mountains have a long history.  Just think about the song "The Bear Went Over the Mountain".  That song is old, and has to do with a bear going over the mountain repeatedly, and only seeing the other side of the mountain, which is fine by me, if the mountain is Gros Morne... 

Gros Morne Summit

but the issue is really all of that climbing!  Rather than climbing all over a mountain which can take a very long time and hard work, why not wait until Winter and ride to the top in a chair or a Gondola and ski down it instead?  Much easier and more fun!


There, I've said it!  There's no going back now.  I, Biff the Bear, love skiing -- almost as much as I love coffee, cocoa, chocolate,any combination of the above, pizza, beer, and lots of other yummy things including cookies, cake, pie, candy, and well, compared to all that, well.....skiing is a close second.

Many people (at least 2) have asked if I hibernate during the long Canadian Winters.  I tried that but my wrangler is always up making noise, and to be honest I an probably too full of coffee to ever get to sleep!  I love staying awake in Winter though to fully enjoy the following benefits:

  1. Hot Cocoa and sugary foods - and lots of them are required to keep you warm and keep you going while doing Winter Sports.  Here I am enjoying some snacks and cocoa which were part of my Winter Emergency Survival Pack!

    Snack time!
  2. Why would I want to miss any of the splendid Canadian Winter while being carried around in a climate-controlled portable cave?  In fact my wrangler just started carrying me around in a new safety cave! (although the mini-bar was full of Dora the Explorer band-aids, it was still a sweet ride!) 


    Cascades - Bear on Patrol _070
  3. I will will also let you in on a little secret.  I have learned that there is something about Canadian Winters that make female people all cuddly, which is way cool!  Who would want to be sleeping??


    Cascades - Bear on Patrol_002

    Good Morning!



So for those obvious reasons (and the fact that my wrangler is a member too) I thought that joining the Ski Patrol would be a good thing to do!


For those of you who follow my posts, you will be relieved to know that I passed my ski patrol exams from the Fall!  


Stay tuned for a few more posts about my ski season on the patrol.







2 comments:

  1. Although someone once tried to fool me by putting granola in there. blech! As for chocolate while skiing, My friend Don even bought a new pair of ski pants with extra pockets for putting chocolate in.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear about what You have to say: